[cisco-voip] Room Recording using DMS

Russell Chaseling rchaseling at plannet21.ie
Thu Mar 28 17:30:31 EDT 2013

Hi,

We have a requirement for a room to be recorded in an Emergency situation using microphones, a conference phone or similar. Problem is this site has an Active DMS call recording solution built on VMware and they want calls to be recorded on this......we have been told by that we will need an analogue card which is obviously not an option with a virtualised infrastructure.

Has anyone got a similar setup or has any ideas on how we could achieve this?

The audio stream and call setup info from a Cisco IP phone using DMS is only sent to the recorder once the call actually connects.......The only option I can't think of is for these users to initiate a call from a 7937 to another 7937 in the same room (with volume turned down on both to avoid feedback) and record it this way - but I don't think this is an option as there are no speed dial buttons on 7937s so users would have to dial the number which is not going to fly for these guys in an emergency....they need a one button solution.

Russell