[cisco-voip] Upgrade CUCM 7.0(3a) to 8.0(3) and move to UCS

Reto Gassmann voip at mrga.ch
Sat May 4 14:41:01 EDT 2013

Hello group

We plan the upgrade from our CUCM 7.1(3a) Cluster (8 Servers) to 8.0(3).
After the upgrade we also want to virtualize the cluster from MCS Servers to
UCS. To reduce downtime we plan to do the upgrade with the following steps:

1.       Setup a new CUCM 8.0(3) cluster on UCS with different IP addresses

2.       Upgrade CUCM 7.1(3a) to 8.0(3) on MCS

3.       Take backup (DRS) of upgraded CUCM 8.0(3) on MCS

4.       Shutdown MCS Cluster

5.       Change IP addresses to match old IP addresses on UCS cluster

6.       Restore CUCM 8.0(3) on UCS servers

Can I do the upgrade as described or do I run into any issues?

If I want to upgrade the IP Phone (7960 / 7961) firmware a few days before
the upgrade where do I have to install the firmware software package, just
on the TFTP server or on all servers in the cluster?

Any comments are welcome.

Regards Reto