[cisco-voip] Recommended SIP SBC

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Tue May 14 12:33:40 EDT 2013

[Sorry for breaking the thread, but original message is gone.]

Other than Acme Packet, has anyone else deployed something like a
Sonus? The merger with Oracle seems to be slowing things down over
there, and I may not be able to get equipment from the Demo Depot
until after they're done merging, and in the 3 weeks since our meeting
the AP sales guy still hasn't gotten me a copy of the "software only"
SBC to even start an eval even though I keep pestering him.

Something that can do 200 simultaneous sessions is what we're looking
for, G.711, no fancy transcoding required.

I found a SBC comparison report, but it's $3400, so a bit expensive,
but the executive summary put Sonus as their choice.

If you have experience with multiple SBCs and can go into why one and
not another then that's an added bonus.

Thanks.