[cisco-voip] 2400 ds0-group

Michael Tague tague at win.net
Wed May 15 16:38:17 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am looking for help in configuring a ds0-group for a Cisco 2400.   We want
the 2400 to generate a channelized T1 that will go to a PBX.   The PBX is
currently connected to another carrier and appears to be configured to use
E&M Wink-Start.    On the back-end the 2400 would receive calls via a PRI;
basically we want a PRI to T1 E&M Wink-Start converter!

We use the 2400 as a Swiss-Army knife of PRI/SIP/IP to PRI/POTS/IP, works
well but we've never tried to originate a channelized T1 with it (only
PRIs).

As a test bed, I am using a second (Test) 2400 with 8-FXS ports, one of
which is hooked to an analog phone.  My Test 2400 is connected to the other
2400 (let's call it the CPE 2400) via a cross-over T1 cable.

My problem is double because I need to know how to configure a Test 2400 for
testing (so I can simulate the customer's PBX) essentially making the 2400 a
channel bank and I need to know how to get the other 2400 (let's call it the
CPE 2400) to signal ringing, provide dial-tone (collect digits), and ideally
deliver the caller-id number and name via DTMF.

Help!

Thanks,

Michael

tague at win.net