[cisco-voip] question about those funky USB token keys

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Fri May 17 14:31:10 EDT 2013

Yeah real easy ;)

I recommend you buy the following book from Akhil Behl, it cover thus step by step and gives you a full understanding if all aspects of Cisco PKI

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1587142953/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/185-7700813-7615340

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone

On 17 May 2013, at 19:23, "Wes Sisk" <wsisk at cisco.com<mailto:wsisk at cisco.com>> wrote:

it's really simple!

well, no, not really. Sorry. Happy Friday.

The keys *should* be sold in pairs and at least 2 should be used on every cluster for redundancy. That way you can lose 1, via any means, and not be locked out of the cluster.

It is possible to reuse one key on multiple clusters.

There are new keys coming out soon that only work with newer CM versions and require updated CTLClient app. There *should* be guidance in the ordering tool about which key you're getting and associated compatibility.

Regards,
Wes

On May 17, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>> wrote:

So I need to buy some of those USB token keys for security. We have two clusters, a test cluster and a production cluster. I'd like to buy two for the test cluster and three for the production cluster to be sure.

>From what I understand, the product is: KEY-CCM-ADMIN-K9= and there's no "pairing" of the keys by any means from the factory, so I can just order as many as I need, so I'm thinking, just order 5.

Question though, can I use the same key to store the certs from different clusters?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Data Centre and Communications Facilities
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs>