[cisco-voip] Device Mobility and CSS question

Corson, Teressa Teressa.Corson at doit.nh.gov
Fri Nov 1 12:28:59 EDT 2013

When you are using Device Mobility where does the user profile get its Device Pool assignment?

Here is the problem we are trying to fix.  We want to use a combo of line CSS and phone CSS where the line CSS takes precedence.  However, we are using Device Mobility too.  So the line CSS is easy to assign.  But we can't figure out how the user's device profile would get assigned a CSS (it seems that the CSS would be there in lieu of having a static phone to assign it to).  It appears that the equivalent of a "phone CSS" when using Device Mobility would be whatever the Device Pool sets, and the Device Pool is set from the Device Mobility Info.  Here is the further issue, we have many small agencies in one building.  They each should have their own CSS, but there is one subnet per floor in the building.  This means we have one DM Info per floor, and thus one Device Pool, but we need to set multiple DPs.  I see that you can add multiple Device Pools to a DM Info entry, but how would we make sure the mobility users get the right Device Pool?

We are on CUCM v. 8.6.2.

We're at the tip of a huge deployment and would like to get this set up correctly.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Teressa

Teressa Corson, CCNP, CCDA, CCNP-Voice
TSS VI, Operations
Network Operations
State of NH, Department of Information Technology
603-223-5727
www.nh.gov/doit<http://www.nh.gov/doit>

Statement of Confidentiality:  The contents of this message are confidential.  Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either in whole or in part) is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your system.