[cisco-voip] RTMT alert: Call Manager B-Channel OOS

Matthew DeSantos mdesantos at atrion.net
Sun Nov 3 22:30:44 EST 2013

Hello Community,

I've been receiving several RTMT alerts stating the B-Channel is out of service. Each time I log into the call manager all channels are up and active. I don't have a lot of voip experience so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on troubleshooting these alerts? If this is something that is not impacting, how can I disable this alert?

%UC_CALLMANAGER-2-BChannelOOS: %[DeviceName=S0/SU0/DS1
[ChannelId=2][ChannelKey=S0/SU0/DS1-0@][Reason=0]

This is being triggered from the call manager subscriber, not the publisher.
The subscriber is running version 8.6.2.22900-9 and the gateway is a Cisco 2821 running IOS 12.4(24)T3, protocol MGCP

When I log into the Cisco 2821 all the voice ports are showing idle-dormant. The T1 doesn't show any errors either.

I'm trying to determine if this alert is impacting calls or is this a false alarm? If anyone has any input/suggestions I would appreciate it

TIA
-md

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.