[cisco-voip] CUBE design consideration

Yham yhameed81 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 14:00:04 EST 2013

Hi Ed and Blake,

Thanks for your input.

I started thinking that CUBE is not the right solution for me.

I read about Cisco VCS expressway and still reading more now. It seems this
product is an edge device specifically for video conferencing for mobile
telepresence endpoints e.g.  EX90, Movi. So it may partially serve the
purpose. I am trying to figure out if  1) it can terminate the Jabber and
other voice only softphones like IPcommunicator etc. 2) if it provide the
network hiding like cube using nat or some other techniques.

Blake,
I studied ASA as TLS and phone proxy but trying to find out if 1) they can
handle large volume of calls in SP environment without having issues. 2)
they supports both voice and video soft clients.
 May i please as if you have video endpoints like movi etc that terminate
on your ASAs. Secondly, how the remote users access your internal UC
infrastructure: using anyconnect vpn to ASA or you are translating (nat)
remote user's public address into internal private? Finally since you are
using encryption, can you please comment on user experience about voice
quality, issues like delay, jitter etc?

Thanks once again

Regards