[cisco-voip] Anyone got Gila-Wallboard working with UCCX 9.0?

Madziarczyk, Jonathan jmad at cityofevanston.org
Wed Nov 27 10:28:41 EST 2013

Just did our flash cut from CUCM 6.1.4, CER 2.0 and UCCX 7 to CUCM
9.1.2, CER 9.0 and UCCX 9.0 yesterday.  Everything went flawlessly.  Now
we're cleaning up the 3rd party stuff and licensing.

The biggest complaint is the gila-wallboard doesn't work, and since
Cisco hasn't found a good realtime solution for how many calls are
currently in queue, I need to get that back up.

There's extensive (41pages) comments on the forum about wallboards and
such.  From what I can gather, the Informix database should still be
readable provided I install the IBM Informix drivers on the wallboard
machine and get that going.  Has anyone had experience with this?  I'm
following some online directions for getting the DSN up and it still
won't talk to UCCX 9.x.

Below is my post to the forum which should have additional info.

Happy Turkey Day to all!

Jon

I'm trying to integrate my GILA wallboard with 9.0 UCCX (worked in 7.0).

As i understand it from Anthony's post i need to get an ODBC link into
the Informix database.

I've been using Monkey's post for my config on that:

http://voipmonkeys.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/uccx-wallboard-development-p
art-2/

If i apply and test from the ODBC setup, i get "Test connection was NOT
successful.[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Cannot connect to
database server (i10.20.18.20)"

I've set the passwords for uccxhruser and uccxwallboard in UCCX/Password
Management.

In Realtime Snapshot Writing Config:

Data Writing Enable (Check)

Data Writing Interval (5sec)

Cisco Unified CCX CSQs Summary (Check)

Cisco Unified CCX System Sumary (Check)

Wallboard Server Name (IP of windows iis box being configured above)

Once I can get past step 3 (see below), i can try and figure out what
step 4 means (no idea what to change on Gila-wallboard to use the DSN
instead of the sql link)

Suggestions?

Jon

Anthony's Post

You do not need to create a data source in UCCX 8.5.

The high level steps are:

1. Install the wallboard app on a windows web server running IIS

2. Install the Informix ODBC driver on your windows web server

3. Create a system DSN on your windows web server, pointing to the
Informix database on UCCX

4. modify the connection string in the wallboard app to use the system
DSN you created in step 3

The request connection should look like this:

User PC > [HTTP] > Web Server > [ODBC] > UCCX

And the response:

UCCX > [ODBC] > Web Server > [HTTP] >  User PC