[cisco-voip] Anyone running 8961s with UCCX 8.5.1SU3?

Ryan LaFountain (rlafount) rlafount at cisco.com
Tue Oct 8 14:27:23 EDT 2013

Hi Jason,

627583127 looks to be a WAAS SR. Is there a UCCX/CUCM SR? I'll take a look.

At any rate, when the phone registers, CTI Manager should send a message to the JTAPI client on UCCX. JTAPI will update its state machine to recognize that the phone is now in service. At any time later, if you come along and login to CAD, the state machine is checked. CUCM is not contacted to verify phone state upon logging into CAD. Since you're on 8.6(2a)SU2, you're past many of the well know CTI bugs that may cause this.

If you want to enable the JTAPI debugs (Unified CM Telephony Client) with DEBUG in the top box and all EXCEPT MISC_DEBUGGING in the bottom box and just bounce the phone, you can search by the device name and see if UCCX is being notified of the phone going down and then back up. If there is nothing in the JTAPI client logs for the device name, look into the CM/CTI Manager traces on CUCM as there may be a disconnect between CCM and CTI services especially if the phone is registered to another node than the primary CTI provider for UCCX.

Send me the JTAPI logs and the device name/DN and I'll take a look.

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center
Cisco Services