[cisco-voip] Cisco CUBE as SIP registrar for video?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 16:01:10 EDT 2013

I've got a CUBE which is functioning as a SBC between CUCM and my provider.

I've also got Polycom HDX endpoints. Right now they use H.323 to
register to a GnuGK, which proxies H.323 calls for them. H.323 works
like a charm.

If I have a requirement for SIP to an external provider (which I don't
see happening that often, since no one is going to dial a URI using a
Polycom remote control), can that be done? The endpoints require a
Registrar Server, a proxy server, a username, domain username and an
optional password.

I looked up "cisco cube video registrar" and the hits that came back
point to articles written in 2006, with updates in 2008. They refer to
MCM and other things, which I don't believe are relevant anymore.

If that's not the best way to do things, then if I register my Polycom
endpoints directly to CUCM, how would CUCM know to take a call from a
Polycom video endpoint to an external entity "me at example.com" and send
that out as a video call to the CUBE (and does the CUBE need to be
specially configured?)

Thanks.