[cisco-voip] H323/MGCP T.38 Issue & CCM Trace

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Thu Oct 17 09:20:57 EDT 2013

Brian

Thanks and that's similar to the behavior I'm seeing in the trace file.

Call flow is Fax==H.323==CUCM==MGCP=GW

Here's what I'm seeing once the two call-legs are connected:

FAX-->RequestMode-->CUCM
FAX--> CLC (chan#4) -->CUCM
FAX--> OLC (chan#5) -->CUCM
FAX<--CLCack (chan#4) <-- CUCM

After this we're waiting for the terminating gateway to detect fax tones and send the corresponding notify msg. We don't receive this until 10 seconds later. The NTFY finally arrives and we reply w/ 200, but never extend a MDCX with the new m= SDP header.

What confuses me is that the originating gateway (fax server) is sending the request mode instead of the terminating gateway, and the terminating gateway doesn't send its observed event for T38 until much later.

Does this match what you're seeing in the case you're following?

The fax server is attempting Fast Start but CUCM has this disabled. I enabled inbound Fast Start support and that seems to be working as a temporary solution.

- Daniel