[cisco-voip] 'Bad ARP Add' on 7900 series logs

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Fri Oct 25 11:57:39 EDT 2013

Brian,

I appreciate your insight

This is regarding the phone's software for voice functionality, and not applicable to traffic on the "PC" VLAN, right?

Is there a sizing recommendation to the number of devices that are present on a subnet where it's phone-exclusive? The voice subnets are rather large. Perhaps, and I have to check on its current state, but disabling GARP would be helpful here?

With a failure of adding an entry to the ARP cache, there could be a failure in operations with the phone with a call over some duration then? Are there other symptoms we could attribute to this?

Adam P
SUNYAB