[cisco-voip] Cisco UCM heads up: CSCtq10477 Route Group Members being skipped and reporting as device down

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Wed Sep 4 16:31:25 EDT 2013

I can be wrong but based on personal experience I'd say this likely doesn't apply. Whenever I investigated this issue, RouteList would perform a lookup for RG members, find a device, and then report it as down even though the gateway was available. Basically, RouteList would never extend the call to one or more affected RG members. If you had other gateways or trunks in associated RGs, and those endpoints weren't affected, then the call should proceed just fine. From what I've seen it's pretty much a binary thing.. the call is extended to a RG member it isn't.. but I've yet to see the problem "fix itself" and produce mixed results. The RSIP you mentioned and ringing also makes me think it's likely a separate problem. I would expect no ringing and an immediate DLCX.