[cisco-voip] UC on UCS

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Sep 5 10:40:57 EDT 2013

I think you'll find the proverbial, "it depends" is the answer.

The wiki doc starts here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Sizing_Guidelines#General_Rules_for_Co-residency_and_Physical.2FVirtual_Hardware_Sizing

You'll have to get your apps lined up and see which ones have what rules.

But I have a feeling, that this doc wiki, as updated as it may be, sometimes is not "authoritative". I had an interesting discussion with my SE as far as how many VMs I could run on one UCS chassis. I read the doc, came up with a plan, and word came back, both from the SE and from his support team that my design was over provisioned. I'm pushing back, asking them why if all I did was read the documentation and sized it accordingly. Never got a good explanation as to why the conflict.

Good luck.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Data Centre and Communications Facilities
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
lelio at uoguelph.ca
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs