[cisco-voip] Problem with 2921 and t.38

Reto Gassmann voip at mrga.ch
Tue Sep 10 05:13:42 EDT 2013

Hello Group

we have to renew our gateways and have now new 2921 router with pri
interfaces.

now we have Problems sending and receving faxes with t.38. Most of the
faxes can be sent and received without any problem. However some are not
transmitted at all. Has anyone a similar situation and can give me some
hints on how to configure the gateways and waht IOS we could load in order
to get all the faxes to be sent and received.

thank you for any hints

Regrds Reto

GW#sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.3(2)T,
RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2013 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Thu 28-Mar-13 11:05 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)M16, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

GW uptime is 14 weeks, 4 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

System restarted at 11:53:45 MEZ Thu May 30 2013

System image file is "flash:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-2.T.bin"

Last reload type: Normal Reload

Last reload reason: power-on

Cisco CISCO2921/K9 (revision 1.0) with 479232K/45056K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID xxx

3 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

124 Serial interfaces

1 terminal line

4 Channelized E1/PRI ports

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.

250880K bytes of ATA System CompactFlash 0 (Read/Write)

License Info:

License UDI:

Device#   PID                   SN

*0        CISCO         xxx

Technology Package License Information for Module:'c2900'

Technology    Technology-package           Technology-package

              Current       Type           Next reboot

ipbase        ipbasek9      Permanent      ipbasek9

security      None          None           None

uc            uck9          Permanent      uck9

data          None          None           None

Configuration register is 0x2102