[cisco-voip] QoS and network guys

Ted Nugent tednugent73 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 12:01:51 EDT 2013

I've only run into this a couple times, once becuase the network guy was
under the impression that it was pointless on a LAN and another because
they truely didn't understand the purpose.

In both situation I took the same stance, educate first and then toss in
the "it's Cisco best practice to setup QOS on the LAN/WAN" at that point if
there is push back then it's fairly straight forward. We can only provide
Best Effort voice quality and ultimately any voice quality issues that
might arise are on the customer to resolve.