[cisco-voip] CER not seeing CUCM

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Fri Sep 20 14:03:50 EDT 2013

One more thing on this topic , since I just went through this myself.

If you re-address a UCM in a cluster that is being tracked you must delete the communications manager out of CER and re-add. Even in 9.0.2 when clicking on the list of communications managers it will show the correct IP addresses - but it will not properly track the phones. The CER Phone Tracking log will show you that it is still trying to poll the old IP addresses.

I advise deleting it before re-addressing and re-adding it afterwards, seems things such as (maybe) the CTI RP reregistration will trigger phone tracking. When it's polling a black hole it seems to take hours to complete before you can successfully delete the old UCM entry.

Adam P
SUNYAB