[cisco-voip] Prefix for Missed Calls (again)

Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com
Mon Sep 23 03:24:43 EDT 2013

(Sorry for not following the original thread, but I've already deleted those mails)

My question is kind-of related to the discussed: calls coming in (globalized format) from a SIP gateway could go to any of our phones in various countries, each country having different international dialing habits, local presentation etc.

So I use Calling Party Transformation Patterns to localize what appears on the phone.
If I apply the transformations on the SIP trunk, the transformed number appears when the phone rings and the transformed number will show up in the call history as well.

However, since there is one gateway and several possible localization options depending on called phone, I need to apply the transformations on Device Pool level. Now, calling number appears transformed, but history does not. I've read the Mark Snow articles and yes, I can have + patterns in place and make calls re-dialable.
However that is not entirely the point. It's confusing for end users and it is inconsistent behavior between the two applications of the transformation patterns.

Can I have the cake and eat it too? :) (present the call transformed and have it the same way in history as well?) Otherwise, I don't see much point in doing any transformations. I may as well just get my users used to + dialing.

Thanks,
Zoltan Kelemen
ETS & Information Security
Implementation Engineering