[cisco-voip] HC and 7945 with 9-3-1SR1-1

Mehtab Shinwari mshinwari at fidelus.com
Tue Apr 1 10:24:54 EDT 2014

Adam,

The HC load rejected means it either cant downgrade or upgrade.

7945 phones with hardware revision 13 and higher must run 9.3.1SR3 or later firmware. So even though you have SR1S it will not downgrade.

Check the hardware version on the phone. Get at least SR3 and upload to to CUCM. Restart TFTP. You can change the defaults and hardcode only this phone if you want to test.

On the flip side if you have any thing older then 8.5.2 it wont upgrade either. You have to first upgrade to 8.5.2 and then to 9.3.1SR1s.

Regards

Mehtab Shinwari | CCNP RS/V
Senior Support Engineer