[cisco-voip] a one-off challenge

Ryan Huff rthconsultants at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 13:36:10 EDT 2014

I need to interop some old Allied Telesis gear with CUCM; here is the
challenge:

I have an Allied Telesis iMG646MOD gateway (1 SM Fiber WAN, 6 fasteternet
and 4 FXS). I need to figure out a way to support the FXS ports using CUCM
9.X.

The AT gateway supports SIP and MGCP. Obviously, Cisco doesn't support the
MGCP stack on this kind of gear (unless there is a way to fake it), so I am
left with SIP.

The Syntax of the CLI for the AT gear is so foreign to me; I have the
manual for the gateway but in terms of documentation, it's rather poor.

Has anyone done this before / have an example configuration I can look at?

Thanks,

Ryan