[cisco-voip] Cisco IP Communicator – Auxiliary VLAN

Nick Britt nickolasjbritt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 12:53:00 EDT 2014

Hey Guys/Gals,

I seem to be having a problem with an install of Cisco IP Communicator
(8.6.3.0) not picking up the auxiliary  Voice VLAN configuration.

In short we have the option 150 details listed on the voice vlans and not
the data and I keep receiving a TFTP server not found error. But when these
are manually set the phone registers fine (with the data vlan IP).

As you can imagine this is not ideal as we do not want to add the option
150 to the data vlans if possible.

Cisco’s documentation states that this should be possible.

CDP

Cisco IP Communicator uses CDP to communicate information such as auxiliary
VLAN ID, per-port power management details, and QoS3 configuration
information with the Cisco Catalyst switch

Switchport config

interface gi 1/2

 switchport access vlan 666

 switchport mode access