[cisco-voip] UCM and UCCx v9 hangs on shutdown on AX691A [BUG TOOL ISSUE?]

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Apr 23 12:39:49 EDT 2014

Yes, we're still on HP hardware. No we can't migrate to VM just now. ;)

So, I thought it was just a one off, but we're seeing more instances of these servers hanging on the final phase of a shutdown or restart. Most of them come at the IPMI phase.

Are there any others out there running v9 on HP equivalent boxes that are running into shutdown issues?

I did a bug search and found CSCsr92354 but for some reason, the summary on the new bug tool shows:

Should ignore "Waiting on IPMI initialization" for HardwareFailure alert Symptom: "Waiting on IPMI Initialization" seen on console after reboot. Conditions: This message can occur after a system reboot on the console. Workaround: Ignore this

but when I click on it, it shows a duplicate of a hunt pilot issue.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
University of Guelph