[cisco-voip] SIP phones & CMR

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 13:16:42 EDT 2014

I've noticed on the last few systems I have worked on that the SIP based
phones are not showing any CMR data in the CUCM CAR system.

This is happening on atleast 8945s & the new 7841s.   Also I have noticed
that the Jabber for Windows phones aren't reporting it either.

This is happening for both on-net IP phone to IP phone calls and also
off-net SIP calls to CUBEs (then to SIP Provider) and also off-net calls
via CUCM SIP trunk to Cisco 29xx PRI gateway.

Is there something I need to turn on for the CMR data to be generated ?  Or
is this just not supported in the SIP phones / CUCM ?

Justin