[cisco-voip] Possible to force SIP refer transfer from IP phone

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 09:33:53 EDT 2014

Couldn't find a way to add the delay on the dialer side, i'm just not
familiar with that system.

I ended up moving the extensions that people dial from Route Patterns
pointing at the dialer to Unity Connection, where I play a short call
handler prompt and then have Unity Connection transfer the call to a new
hidden route pattern.   As long as the IP phone user completes the
supervised transfer during the call handler, the dialer/acd will see the
original PSTN caller.    The call volume of manual transfers from IP phones
to the external dialer/acd is low, so this should work just fine.