[cisco-voip] CIPC & MS Lync trying to control the same call

Bantz John F BantzJohnF at JohnDeere.com
Mon Aug 25 13:35:08 EDT 2014

Hello group,

We have a mixed environment with Microsoft Lync (with some enterprise voice functions turned on) & Cisco CIPC softphones.  We use Zeacom for our contact center platform.  We have a need for our contact center agents to use their hard-phone while in the office, but have the ability to WFH using CIPC.  We also need to record calls to either device via the BIB connection to our call recording server.  So we recently enabled device mobility for our contact center agents and this makes this possible.

On some peoples computers though we are finding that when they are running CIP and MS Lync at the same time, both Lync and CIPC are trying to answer and/or place calls at the same time (fighting for call control it seems).  Example, an agent will receive an incoming call to CICP, and Lync will try and intercept this call and pop to front to answer.  Other examples include; when an agent goes off hook and dials a call using CIPC, Lync also pops up and plays dial tone in their ear at the same time that CIPC places a call.  CIPC connects the call, but they continue to hear the dial-tone in their ear along with the call in progress.

This does not happen to all users, only a subset of them.  Our work-around is to have them close out of Lync when in WFH mode, but that isn't the best solution because they need the IM feature that Lync provides.

Has anyone in the group seen this before?  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it so tht CIPC calls stay with CIPC, and Lync doesn't try fighting for these calls??

Thanks!!
John Bantz
John Deere - GCS Telecommunications
6400 NW 86th Street
Johnston, IA 50131
515-267-4628 - office
515-314-6478 - cell

Confidentiality: This message, including attachments, may be confidential. If you believe the message was sent to you in error, do not read the contents and please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error. If you are not the intended recipient, retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Thank you.