[cisco-voip] Presence and IM 10x Cluster

Andrew Grech agrech88 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 00:00:54 EDT 2014

Oh Mr Anthony!

Yes I have made some progress,

For the SRV records please follow this guide
https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12219631/cucm-sip-trunk-im-presence-server-using-srv

note the guide is missing the following

CUPS server -> SIP proxy parameter -> “Address Resolution Type”, change to
SRV

You will then have to reset the SIP proxy service on CUPS side after the
change.

For the external database this is my response from Cisco

Answer: Cisco doesn’t replicate the databases, this will occur with the
third party product that is being integrated.

How does group chat alias work for jabber clients retrieving \ creating
room lists when the publisher node or database is down.

Answer: From a configurationally aspect on the IM and Presence 10.x
configuring the redundant external database and alias in Messaging > Group
Chat Server alias Mapping enables the redundant server configuration,
though again if the external database primary fails there should be in
built configuration to fall back to a redundant external Db server.

Also some additional information on PostgresSQL redundancy.

High Availability Clustering with PostgreSQL .

http://raghavt.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/high-availability-clustering-with.html
High Availability, Load Balancing, and Replication.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/high-availability.html
Master Slave Replication on PostgreSQL on an Ubuntu 12.04 VPS.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-master-slave-replication-on-postgresql-on-an-ubuntu-12-04-vps

I have not completed the install as my DRS backups are failing and have a
web-ex scheduled to fix the keystore with a TAC engineer and developer...
This has been a long standing case.

Once that is completed I'll install the second node and I believe my steps
are correct.

I'd also love to hear from others about this topic.

Regards

Andrew