[cisco-voip] licensing turnaround time 8.6 to 10.5

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Dec 12 23:34:37 EST 2014

I also believe what happens during the grace period and after also differs.

For example, I don't think callmanager ever stops working, but connection might.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsagx/9xcucsag310.html#pgfId-1092685

If the required number of licenses are not installed on the ELM server, the license status becomes “Violation”. However, you can still use the licensed features on Unity Connection for 60 days, which is the grace period. During this grace period, you are required to obtain and install the required number of licenses or reduce the usage of the licensed features in order to avoid license violation. However, if you do not take the required action during the grace period, then license status becomes “Expire”.
Once the license status of Unity Connection software changes to “Expire”, the software will stop functioning. The Unity Connection server will not answer any calls to leave or retrieve voicemails. However, you can still add, modify or delete configuration data on the server. You are required to obtain and install the required number of licenses or reduce the usage of the licensed features to avoid license violation. After taking the required action, the license status changes from “Expire” to “Compliance” and you can use the licensed features on Unity Connection again.

Sent from my iPad