[cisco-voip] Consolidate two separate UCCX cluster and migrate to 9.x

Mike King me at mpking.com
Thu Dec 18 09:39:36 EST 2014

Ashwani,

At this point, I question why you don't upgrade to 10.5.   Coming off 7.1,
you're in for a major jump/upgrade path, you might as well go the last two
versions and be current.

Also, you didn't make clear if you're going to 9.0, or 9.1.  They will have
different EOS dates.

Cisco has not made public any EOS/EOL statements about CUCM9.x, but based
off this chart:
http://www.voicecerts.com/2011/05/cisco-unified-communications-manager.html
(Not on the chart, 8.6, which was EOS January 2014)

I wouldn't be surprised to see an EOL statement in the next calendar year
for 9.0.   I personally think we'll see it in January.  If you have a Cisco
Account Manager, and have signed an NDA, you might be able to get the EOS
date from him.

I wouldn't guess what 9.1 EOS date would be.

As for Merging two clusters together, I don't think with that big a jump,
you'll be able to keep the historical data.  I believe UCCX 7 still ran on
Windows, and UCCX 9 is on Linux, I don't think this data is carried over.
Perhaps someone with more experience with these types of upgrades will
comment.

I recommend practicing your upgrade several times. With this big of a jump
practicing several times (Looking at you Leilo and your Saga) will expose
upgrade issues in the lab, not in production.

Mike