[cisco-voip] Expressway 8.5 is out

Josh Warcop josh at warcop.com
Thu Dec 18 22:18:44 EST 2014

URI dialing uses the directory URI which is not the extension. So in my Jabber client I see 'username at domain.com' to call someone via directory URI. Again this is generated by the LDAP attribute. You can add additional URIs to the DN but the one in the directory is the one imported via LDAP. Following the rules of SIP URI = SMTP = UPN we map the LDAP attribute 'mail' to Directory URI so everything lines up calling via email address essentially.

I have a few vanity URIs that are assigned to the directory number. As long as it isn't a duplicated you can put anything you want.

Sent from my Windows Phone