[cisco-voip] Override Privacy on PRI

Drewbles drewbles80 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 17:45:56 EST 2014

Hi all,

I have recently integrated CUCM v9 with an Ericsson MD110 which is working
without issues. The integration is via multiple E1s to a gateway which is
controlled by CUCM using SIP (well SIP trunk between the gateway and
CUCM... you know what I mean). Because the E1s from the MD110 were
previously connected to the PSTN the client blocked all calls out using the
privacy flag on the outbound SETUP message (e.g. Calling Party Number i =
*0x01A1*,  '*DID_number*'). Now that these E1s are used to pass calls
between the MD110 and CUCM they want to be able to have caller ID between
the 2 systems.  Is there a way to override the privacy flag on the gateway
and send the calls to CUCM via the SIP trunk with caller ID?

I would imagine there is something I could put on the serial interface to
bypass the privacy flag but I'm out of ideas.

As you probably guessed the client has no in-house programming skill at the
level to make the required changes in the MD110 to enable caller ID and
they don't want to pay to get it done.

On a side note does anyone know where to find out how to look up or
calculate the HEX codes for these messages? It took me a while to find
0x01A1.

Cheers,

Drew.