[cisco-voip] jump upgrade "license disabling" step...

Henry Gicheru (KE) henry.gicheru at dimensiondata.com
Mon Feb 3 05:08:20 EST 2014

The bug ID is CSCuj10105 and COP v1.3 does the trick.

Regards,
Henry Gicheru
Dimension Data East Africa
Cell: +254(0)733 477 307

"Henry Gicheru (KE)" <Henry.Gicheru at ke.dimensiondata.com> wrote:

 Hi lelio,
I have done this and you have to do the latest cop version 1.3 for the "licensing disabling" otherwise the other cop versions will bring an error that "upgrade is prohibited in License Grace Period"
Do the cop file install before you restore the backup.
There is a bug to that effect of Cop version.

Regards,
Henry Gicheru
Dimension Data East Africa
Cell: +254(0)733 477 307

Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio at uoguelph.ca> wrote:

I'm performing a "modified" jump upgrade from v7 to v9, in so much as that we are using physical hardware as the target, not VMs. I asked this a couple of times during webinars and our account team, and there were no red flags raised.

I just want to be sure that the "licensing disabling" step, the step that allows me to reinstall v7 on the servers and upgrade them without having to rehost, is covered by installing the refresh upgrade (RU) COP file.

I'm going to re-read the jump upgrade document again in more detail, but from the few times I have read it, there was no mention of any other software to disable the licensing.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure