[cisco-voip] SIP peers to UCM and DTMF

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Tue Feb 4 16:29:12 EST 2014

Sorry if this one has been asked recently, but, what's the recommended configuration of the peers/trunk for SIP between an ISR gateway and a UCM (v9.1)?

I have it set as rtp-nte which appears to work from the desk set -> pstn with no trouble, and PSTN inbound to Unity Connection or UCCX. I can see the messages generated in debug when I hit DTMF from the PSTN towards the desk set but no tone/beep is generated there. As well, I read that the older phones do not support rtp-nte, so I would need to have MTP required checked on the trunk for all calls?

Just trying to make sure I have this all straight.

Thanks,

Adam P
SUNYAB