[cisco-voip] Short dialing extension in Unity Connection 9x or 10x with E164

Angel Roberto Castaneda hello at angelcastaneda.com
Tue Feb 11 11:11:54 EST 2014

Not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but maybe this can
help:

I recently ended up setting up alternate four-digit extensions for each
user, on the same partition as their primary extension.

When callers reach a directory in SiteA and they dial the four digit
extension, they would be routed to the proper user, even if they don't know
the full 10-digit number.
In addition to this, directories let you prepend numbers to a dialed
extension.

Assuming that the user has a mailbox, and their transfer rule is set to
ring their phone first, I'd think this might work.

*Angel Roberto Castaneda*