[cisco-voip] Upgrades prohibited... *sigh*

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Feb 11 15:33:50 EST 2014

OK, so, I've attempted the upgrade from v7.1(5b)SU3 to v9.1(2)SU1 and I've got the dreaded "upgrades prohibited during license grace period" error. *big sigh*

I'm using this as a resource:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/35163-6-15369435/Drive_to_Nine_Jump_upgrade_versions_4.1.3-7.1.5_to_9.1.2-3%5B1%5D.pdf

Some comments:

    * I am not recreating my cluster on VM ware, I am using supported MCS servers
    * I installed 7.1(5b)SU3 via a "install with patch" process, using 7.1(3a) media
    * I installed the the v1.3 COP refresh file next and did NOT reboot the cluster
    * I performed a DRS restore and recovered first the publisher, then the subscriber
    * I rebooted the subscriber first, then the publisher
    * Performed dbreplication recovery (with an unfortunate reboot in the middle)

I guess the biggest question is whether or not the COP refresh files disables the licenses restrictions on MCS servers or not. Or whether I should attempt this again, or call the TAC for them to allow upgrades via root.

I'm on an isolated network, so it means some fancy routing on a laptop if the TAC is necessary.

Suggestions?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.