[cisco-voip] Impact upon licensing in lab environment

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Feb 12 16:51:38 EST 2014

I agree with Matthew, if you are spinning up lab clusters or moving things around go with a dedicated ELM/PLM.  Note that the licensing is tied to the eth0 mac address so if your ELM is a VM be sure it has a static mac address.

There are no node licenses, so you can add multiple cluster to the same ELM and they will only consume licenses based on the number of configured users and devices.

You don't want to be rebuilding or migrating the ELM anywhere.  If you don't have to do that then there will never be a need to rehost a license going forward.

-Ryan