[cisco-voip] Number of RIngs for VM for ONE extension

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Feb 24 10:04:21 EST 2014

Be aware that the ring frequency for the calling party and called party is different. Assuming North American selection, the frequency for the calling party is lower, so they will hear fewer rings (ring backs). For 15 seconds, calling party will hear 3 rings (ring backs) and the called party will hear 4 rings.

I think it's important to differentiate the difference, because we had people calling us saying, "people are telling me it only rings 3 times, but I hear four. something is wrong." or something like that.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure