[cisco-voip] Non existent User Audio Hold Source > Silence or Tone on Hold?

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Thu Feb 27 08:07:26 EST 2014

>From what I recall, tone on hold should play out if the holder's audio source exists on the holdee's MoH server but the media session between cannot be setup due to negotiation issues. In the situation where the audio source file doesn't actually exist on the holdee's MoH server, the holdee should hear silence.

Hope this helps

- Daniel

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Jason Aarons (AM)
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:13 PM
To: cisco-voip (cisco-voip at puck.nether.net)
Subject: [cisco-voip] Non existent User Audio Hold Source > Silence or Tone on Hold?

Phone A calls Phone B.  Phone B presses Hold.   We have separate MRG/MRGLs, and his Phone B is set for a user audio hold source that isn't on my MoH server.

What will Phone A hear when Phone B puts him on Hold? Silence or Tone on Hold?

MRG/MRGL/MoH A
Phone A calls Phone B
User Audio Hold Source = 1  <<< see that 2 doesn't exist on this MoH Server

MRG/MRGL/MoH B
Phone B pressed Hold
User Audio Hold Source = 2