[cisco-voip] Logical Partitioning Behaviour

Valvona, Andrew Andrew.Valvona at fmglobal.com
Fri Jan 10 08:09:14 EST 2014

Hi All,

I've been spending some time configuring Logical Partitioning in CUCM for a site in India. I've set the enterprise parameter default to 'allow' and then set individual policies to deny where appropriate. This is working well, although I have run into some behaviour which is causing me some problems. The scenario which I am running into is this:

A user in India sets CFwd on their device to an external number
Another user (Singapore for example) calls the India user
The call fails with a reorder tone

According to logic and the documentation, this is expected behaviour. However, what I'd ideally like is for the CFwd to continue to work, but for the call to instead fall back to an alternative voice gateway. Has anyone else experienced this and found a legal workaround? Outbound dialling is E.164 based, so I shouldn't have any issues with digit manipulation.

Thanks,

Andrew

Registered No. 755780 England
Registered Office: FM Insurance Company Limited
1 Windsor Dials, Windsor,
Berkshire, UK, SL4 1RS
Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
VAT No. G.B.: 792 4276 02