[cisco-voip] CM 8.6 to 9.1

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Sat Jan 18 16:24:58 EST 2014

We are planning on moving from v7 to v9 in April, ahead of the UCCx v7 EOS date.

I'm planning on using a modified jump upgrade, going from MCS (equivalent) servers to MCS (equivalent) servers.

I've prepared my offline network with the servers required, i.e. NTP, DNS, sFTP, etc. I don't have AD, so I will simply turn on AD sync.

I'm currently working on a rough migration and blackout test plan. Once I've got those hammered down, I will share with the list for comment.

We were strongly encouraged to go to v10, but third party interoperability (as well as CUE) prevents us from doing so. I had the same concerns of going to a dot oh release, but our account team commented that the versioning has changed the concept, ten dot oh, is not necessarily a rewrite, or has huge changes. I was 'this' close to asking, then why do I need UCSS for it? ;)

Sent from my iPhone