[cisco-voip] Migrating from v7 to v9 (same cluster IPs) - getting phones to recognize new v9 cluster

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jan 23 16:39:54 EST 2014

I hear ya about kickstarting the gateways and such. We're planning on do restarts of all those.

My main concern is getting the phones back on line as soon as possible. I'm not a fan of just letting them go and hope they connect, especially if some take 30 min. I like the idea of the ACLs so it kick starts the phones to sort of. And it's very little work.

I'm going to be doing some mock migrations in the lab, we'll see how it goes.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure