[cisco-voip] [QUARANTINE] Re: partitions unaligned is unavoidable for upgrades to 9.1.2

Matthew Loraditch MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com
Sat Jan 25 17:49:17 EST 2014

This would be correct the code in the OS didn't handle alignment properly until the first VMware kosher release 8.0.2 or 3 if I remember right. So no matter if the ova is right or not as soon as an earlier release starts  up it moves things out of alignment somehow.

If you have access to the partner community there were VoEs when jump upgrades came out where it was explained in depth.

Out of alignment has caused some bad performance issues in installs and hence the check was added  and the requirement for DRS restore to a clean built 9.1.2 VM for jump upgrades.

Matthew G. Loraditch - CCVP, CCNA, CCDA

1965 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093

direct voice. 443.541.1518
fax.  410.252.9284

Twitter<http://twitter.com/heliontech>  |  Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Helion/252157915296>  | Website<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>  |  Email Support<mailto:support at heliontechnologies.com?subject=Technical%20Support%20Request>