[cisco-voip] uccx db access for wall boards?

Ryan LaFountain (rlafount) rlafount at cisco.com
Wed Jan 29 17:37:28 EST 2014

Hi,

Connecting to the UCCX DB from an external source is documented in the HR Admin and Developer Guide. It’s there because we use the external DB connection most often for custom historical reports. Use the 8.5 Guide so you don’t get mixed up with CUIC custom reports since you’re just looking to connect to the DB. The settings for the driver, what you name the database connection and how to build the connection string are all in there. Sounds like you’re most of the way there if it tests ‘ok’. I would also consider checking out the DB schema guide to make sure you’re looking for the right tables.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/programming/guide/uccx85hradm.pdf

Also, the wallboard user (I assume you’ve configured the password in AppAdmin on both nodes independently) only has access to RTCSQSummary and RTICDSummary. uccxhruser has access to all tables.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center
Cisco Services
Direct: +1 919 392 9898
Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time