[cisco-voip] Presence and IM 10x Cluster

Andrew Grech agrech88 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 09:36:08 EDT 2014

Hi,

I currently have a single presence server and am looking to add a second
one for redundancy over the wan. I'd like a Active/Standby Redundant
High-Availability Deployment (our DR site can get abused)

Currently using jabber integration, presence and persistent chat groups via
a external database.

I'm a little unsure of the steps involved so far I have.

Convert CUCM SIP trunk that "points" to the CUPS to a SRV record
Configure a clusterwide dns srv record
Add new node to the presence topology not choosing balanced
turn on ha
install subscriber

group chat alias? Not sure what to do here for HA, the current system has
an alias setup...

I read the external database has to be unique can I deploy more then one?

Thanks