[cisco-voip] what do i lose with the publisher being down?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Jul 11 14:27:50 EDT 2014

I'm hoping I can get some "real world" comments here...

I need to take the publisher down in order to move it. From what I understand, for the most part, service will continue to operate. However, some things will not be available. From what I gather:

    * CUCMUser pages will not be available
    * CUCMAdmin pages will not be available
    * Services Subscription listing when Services URL pointing to the publisher

What else will be unavailable? We are not using extension mobility.

If I program the service URL of a phone to point to a different server, will the phone continue to call that separate server? Or does it need the publisher to get that information first?

Thoughts?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure