[cisco-voip] SCCP Session Border Controllers

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Wed Jun 11 15:30:13 EDT 2014

I've done a lot of phone proxy work.  It doesn't really work for new phones
that used signed config files.  It was pretty much abandoned completely
once Phone VPN was introduced.  If you're using a CUCM 7.x or earlier
environment, phone proxy is still a good choice. It also works pretty well
in newer CUCM versions if you're running 7940s/7960s.

I would suggest just doing Phone VPN if possible.  It's much easier and
works on pretty much all of the newer phones.