[cisco-voip] UnityCx | MWI Throttle

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Mon Jun 16 12:12:32 EDT 2014

Thanks Jason. I’m actually referring to UnityCx ports assigned to a SIP port group. The environment is indeed using SIP NOTIFY for MWI. However, Conversation Manager traces and RISDC logs show that only a specific number of ports are used during a system-wide MWI resync, meanwhile over 100 ports are available and also configured for MWI dialout. These ports are released by the MIU once UnityCx receives the 200 final response, but the MIU never exceeds a specific number of ports for MWI usage during the resync task. I’m wondering if MWI throttling is responsible for limiting the number of simultaneous ports allocated for MWI functionality and, if so, how that throttling mechanism is designed.

Thanks

- Daniel