[cisco-voip] Monitoring tool or best way to monitor

Wes Sisk (wsisk) wsisk at cisco.com
Wed Jun 18 10:40:59 EDT 2014

If MGCP you can see the calls per DS-1 (PRI / CAS) in RTMT and create alerts on the per-ds1 level but not per gateway and not in aggregate.

RTMT provides the starting point for customization. You can use ‘show risdc…’ from CLI on UCM to see the same counters. Or you can use AXL Serviceability API to poll UCM and pull the values into your programming language of choice. From there you can aggregate your sites or enterprise as necessary. You could even use AXL to push in config changes automatically.

The APIs are exposed natively. It takes a bit of programming to leverage them. Cisco partners may excel here.

-Wes