[cisco-voip] UCCX 10.0 Calls Dropping while being transferred to another Queue by Agent

Grace Maximuangu Grace.Maximuangu at BlackBox.com
Wed Jun 18 13:25:34 EDT 2014

Opened a TAC case and we were unable to reproduce the issue, given the intermittent nature, fact is we can’t totally rule the “phantom calls” theory!!!.
Although:
I did look at the regions and codecs and they are set to system default:
That is ( 64 kbps (G.722, G.711)    384 kbps
I also noticed that the device pool does not have a MRGL configured. Does that mean a transcoder might not be available in the system to do the conversion between the codecs?
@Gurpreet
Per your request I am attaching the script and errors.
:-:gm

Grace Maximuangu
Voice Solutions Engineer
Black Box Network Services
Cell: 213.268.6342
grace.maximuangu at blackbox.com<mailto:grace.maximuangu at blackbox.com>
www.blackbox.com<http://www.blackbox.com/>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CF8ADF.A38164E0]

From: Gurpreet Singh Kukreja [mailto:tycoononway1987 at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 3:23 PM
To: Grace Maximuangu
Cc: Ted Nugent; Jason Aarons (AM); cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] UCCX 10.0 Calls Dropping while being transferred to another Queue by Agent

Grace,

- Can you verify the settings on the agent device (s), if there is any kind of forwarding done or any shared lines?
- If the setting on the agent's IPCC extension is set to 2 and 1 for max calls/busy trigger?
- Does the agent state change to Reserved on CAD even though they do not hear the ring?
- Check for any scripting loops.

The intermittent nature of this problem suggests this might be an issue when some given agents are selected out of the group and not all. This could be something to do with the configuration.
Here's what i would suggest if you'd really like to get to the bottom of this:
1) Create a copy of the script. Name it something else and save it on your desktop.
2) Upload it into Script repository. Make sure to validate to avoid any obvious errors.
3) Create a test application and test trigger. Associate the script with this new application.
4) Let the normal call flow (for the internal call) continue and have the first agent answer the call.
5) Now, let them transfer it to the newly created test trigger but before the first agent initiates the transfer, run a reactive debug on the script to see for yourself what is going wrong with and at what point..Make sure to have an agent remain logged in to take a call.
This is a bit much to do all by yourself unless you know what you're doing, and if you think it is, may be a TAC case would be the best way to go about at this point.

I could point you to some common keywords you'd find useful if at all you can look at the CCX Engine logs in this scenario:

- CTIERR
- MULT_XFER_FAIL (As per your screenshot attached, where you saw this error, "WFExecutionException: Too many transfer failures"

Share you script, if you can, may be i can take a look at it if i do get a chance.

BR
Gurpreet