[cisco-voip] UCM 9.1 SIP Normalization Rules

Matt Slaga (AM) matt.slaga at dimensiondata.com
Fri Mar 14 09:37:08 EDT 2014

The port number is actually something entirely different.  In this case, I have 70 SIP trunks between UCM and Lync for a global egress point access (CSS different for each SIP trunk).  The ports are actually in the 5020-5050 range.

UCM puts this request in the SIP Start Line (Invite) with 5060 regardless of what the SIP trunk uses.

Everything works fine if the user is part of the Lync pool that is associated with the Mediation server.  If they are on a different pool, this port of 5060 (not talking transport here, just SIP message adjustment) causes Lync to drop the invite.  When this port reads 5061 in the SIP invite, the calls flow properly.